Can’t come to our YLT Café but still want to meet people and talk? We gotcha! Yalla, come to our next Virtual Café! When?
FUNDRAISER FOR LEBANON
3:00 pm EST
Lebanon might not be trending anymore but that doesn’t mean that people don’t need us. On September 12th, join Yalla! Let’s Talk. x Sofa Laughs for a Virtual Café with day filled with performances to raise funds for Lebanon. This will be an online event where 100% proceeds go to various charities helping rebuild Lebanon. We will continue to post more information on the charities and performers, but for now get your tickets!
- August 8th 2020: How can we deal with survivor’s guilt and be proactive in a crisis?
- August 1st 2020: How can we reimagine identity labels in the Arab community?
- July 25th 2020: Has TikTok helped create representation for minority groups?
- July 18th 2020: Has the Ahmed Bassem Zaki case started a #metoo movement in our community?
- July 11th 2020: How to explore your Arab identity through music? With pop singer @Abir
- July 4th 2020: What has Mia Khalifa taught us about changing the narrative?
- June 27th 2020: Should we cancel “Cancel Culture”?
- June 20th 2020: What has the loss of Sarah Hegazi taught us?
- June 13th 2020: What is colourism and how does it play out in our communities?
- June 6th 2020: How do we address and dismantle anti-black racism in our communities?
- May 30th 2020: Has “Good vibes only” turned into toxic positivity, and how do we deal with it?
- May 23rd 2020: How does the language we use impact our mental health?
- May 16th 2020: What can we take away from Hesham Selim and his son’s story?
- May 9th 2020: I wish our community would talk more about…
- April 18th 2020: YLT Cafe X Sofa Laughs
- April 4th 2020: Mindset Reset and The Silver Lining of Social Distancing